I could not give up Pizza forever. Any way of eating that requires me to give up Pizza would not last long. One of the first things I did when going pizza was starting to experiment with all the keto recipes for pizza I could find online.
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cups Almond Flour
- 4 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 egg
- Rao's Marinara Sauce
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbls. grass fed butter
- your choice of keto approved toppings such as pepperoni, sausage, bacon, onio
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add the cream cheese and mozzarella cheese and heat for about 2 minutes. You want the cheese to be completely melted. Take it out, and with a butter knife, blend the 2 kinds of cheese together until they are smooth. Add the almond flour, egg and salt and blend together. Once everything is blended, work quickly. Take a pizza pan or cookie sheet and lay a piece of parchment paper on the bottom and cut one piece to use for the top. Do not use aluminum foil! your crust will stick to it!.
- Drop the dough onto your parchment paper, right in the center of your pan. Cover the dough with the second piece of parchment paper, and start to roll it out. You can use a rolling pin, a glass or just use your hands. I typically use my hands. I gently move my hand over the dough, spreading it to all parts of the pan evenly. My family and I prefer our crust to be thin so I try and cover an entire cookie sheet with the above recipe.
- Important! Once the dough is spread out and smooth, remove the top piece of parchment paper. Put the crust in the oven and bake it for 15/20 minutes until it is slightly browned.
- Remove the crust from the oven, and at this point, I take the tablespoon of butter, and rub it over the hot crust, until the entire pizza has a layer of glistening butter. Then I sprinkle the crust with a little garlic powder. You can add other seasonings, like crushed red pepper, or Italian seasoning at this time. Next, pour a little of the Rao's marinara sauce over the top, and spread it out in a thin layer. You can put however much sauce you prefer, but I keep it at a thin layer to keep the carb count lower. Next, add about 1 cup of grated mozzarella cheese on top, and add any remaining toppings you prefer.
- Bake the toppings for another 10-15 minutes at 425 degrees until the cheese is golden brown. Take the pizza out, and let it sit for a few minutes. It will be easier to cut and serve once the pizza has cooled off for a few minutes. Cut and serve your pizza, and enjoy with a nice green leafy salad for a delicious and satisfying keto meal!
- Leftovers hold great with this pizza too! Freeze or refrigerate leftovers.